How to make weed lollipops: A Comprehensive GuideHigh Glower
Edibles such as lollipops are a great way to experience the marijuana high since they produce a highly potent and complete sensory high. The high from edibles may be more powerful and much different from smoking or vaping, depending on consuming marijuana.
Marijuana lollipops can get you high for hours in which you will experience a lot of laughing fits and cravings. Taking edibles will give you a more considerable high than smoking or vaping due to the ingestion and digestion.
Digestion of edibles in the stomach converts THC into 11-hydroxy-THC, which is stronger than the THC, thus becoming more intoxicated.
One of the ways of making weed lollipops is through cannabis tinctures which are more complex but yield the best results. You may also opt for simple cannabutter recipe procedures that are much simpler, or you can choose to use both methods.
This article will look at the complexity of making weed lollipops to give you a comprehensive recipe that you can follow with ease. Make sure to keep children away from the ingredients and products of this process if you make the weed lollipops at home.
What you need to know before making cannabis infused lollipops (THC etc.)
The first thing you need to know about making cannabis-infused lollipops or nay edibles is the process of decarboxylation. Decarboxylation is the process of converting marijuana into its active compounds using heat.
Through this process, you can make edibles by adding cannabis flowers directly into the lollipop recipe that won’t bring out the desired weed lollipop that can get you high.
Decarboxylation converts the cannabinoid called THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) into the active high inducing compound THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). Therefore, THCA cannot intoxicate you like the active THC.
THCA is found in the live and raw marijuana plant buds and flowers. Its potential benefits include anti-inflammatory properties for curing lupus and arthritis, anti-emetic, neuroprotective, and anti-proliferative properties.
Before the decarboxylation process, the THC levels in the raw cannabis plant are usually around 1%, whereas the THCA levels exceed 16%.
After the process, the decarboxylated cannabis flower is intoxicating since the THC levels rise to about 15% and the THCA levels fall to almost 0%.
Keep in mind that there will be THC loss (approximately 12 – 30%) during the decarboxylation process, depending on the oven’s temperature.
The decarboxylation process is straightforward, taking about 30-45 minutes. Make sure to constantly check the oven to prevent the marijuana from getting scorched.
Good ventilation with lots of air will help rid the weed smell and keep you safe from the fumes.
Here are the steps you should take to decarboxylate a marijuana flower in an oven:
- Cut and break down the marijuana flower into small chunks that you can evenly heat quickly.
- Proceed to place the marijuana on a baking sheet.
- Set the oven at 105 – 120 degrees Celsius (220 –245 degrees Fahrenheit) and bake the weed flower for about 30-40 minutes.
- Proceed to take the marijuana, pour it into a glass jar, and cover it with a tight seal. The decarboxylation process may be too tedious for you. In that case, you may opt for infusion machines such as LEVO infusion machines or the Ardent Cannabis infusion device. These machines are designed to perform the process of decarboxylation and also help you infuse your weed into oils, butter, and other weed lollipop ingredients.
Another thing to bear in mind is the infusion process which takes the decarboxylated marijuana and infuses it into oil or butter to make the cannabis lollipops. For this to happen, you will first have to make a cannabis tincture.
Making a cannabis tincture (also used in other edibles recipe)
A cannabis tincture is cannabis-infused alcohol that is essentially a solution of weed in alcohol. The cannabis tinctures are used orally by directly sipping the solution in your mouth or by mixing them with foods such as edibles and beverages.
Using tinctures is the best way to take weed without having to inhale or burn the weed itself.
Here are the ingredients and equipment you will need to make a cannabis tincture:
- 3.5 grams of a well broken-down marijuana flower.
- 4 ounces of very high-proof alcohol.
- A collection glass jar.
- Dropper bottle.
Start by going through the decarboxylation process to make the oily marijuana. After the procedure, let the weed cool off in the glass jar with a tight seal after adding the high-proof alcohol onto the mixture.
Store the glass jar in a dark place for a few days or weeks while stirring the mixture once every day.
Proceed to strain the marijuana and alcohol mixture through the cheesecloth into the dropper bottle. You now have your cannabis tincture.
For making cannabis-infused lollipops, we can use cannabis tinctures or infuse lollipop ingredients with the decarboxylated weed.
Infusing lollipop ingredients with weed
This process is also relatively simple, taking you less than 3 hours to complete. All you will need is about 14 grams of decarboxylated marijuana, one cup of butter or oil (olive or coconut), a cheesecloth, and a collection container.
Start by simmering the oil or butter in a pan until it melts properly. Then, add the decarboxylated weed into the pan and let it simmer for about 2 – 3 hours without boiling at a temperature of 70 – 80 degrees Celsius (160 – 180 degrees Fahrenheit).
Once the process is done, shut off the heat and let the mixture cool off. Then, proceed to strain the mixture through the cheesecloth and pour it into the collection container.
Infusing oils and butter is excellent since it can be stored and used in the future to make more lollipops and other edibles.
In addition, it is the best way to avoid repeating the decarboxylation process and freshly infusing lollipop ingredients each time you want to make them.
Now that you know the decarboxylation process, making cannabis tinctures, and infusing oils and butter with cannabis, we can combine these processes to make cannabis-infused lollipops.
Cannabis-infused lollipops recipe
You will need all the necessary ingredients that are used to make lollipops. That includes sugar, water, butter, syrup, and flavours, to mention a few.
Ingredients and equipment needed for making weed lollipops:
- A candy thermometer.
- Candy moulds and lollipop sticks.
- A full cup of sugar.
- A quarter full cup of filtered water.
- A full cup of corn syrup.
- 3 tablespoons of the cannabis tincture.
- 2 tablespoons of cannabis-infused butter.
- 2 tablespoons of flavouring of your choosing.
- Grease the saucepan using cannabis-infused butter to prevent the edibles from sticking to the pan.
- Proceed to add the corn syrup, sugar, and water to the pan as you heat the mixture at medium heat. Stir or whisk the mixture continuously till the ingredients are well dissolved.
- Increase the temperature to too high and use the candy thermometer to ensure the temperature has reached 150 degrees Celsius as the corn syrup mixture boils. Once the reading is 150, shut off the heat and allow the products to cool to about 110 degrees Celsius. This is when you add the cannabis tincture and stir it while adding the flavouring of your choosing.
- Making the cannabis-infused product is done and what is left is to pour the mixture into the moulds. Then, proceed to insert lollipop sticks into the candy moulds and wait for the lollipops to harden. And that is it; you have made cannabis lollipops.